Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Let's get Cooking!



Hey Guys!
So for Dave's birthday we bought him a new grill and a mini fridge for the man cave.  (the grill was not for the man cave....just the fridge.)  ;)  That means grilling!  He spent the last several weeks cooking things, this week was no exception.

So Thursday we tried steaks on the grill for the first time - so good!  We marinated them over night so when we grilled them they were super tender and super juicy!  We were nervous because the steaks were pretty thin cut so it's hard to cook a steak to medium, but they were AWESOME!  Congrats Honey!

We also tried a recipe from my Pinterest board - LOVE PINTEREST!  So here is what I tried:

Click the Picture to visit Six Sisters and get this recipe!

It was the first time I'd ever tried it and I must say it was so tasty!  I was a little disappointed that the sauce didn't thicken they way it looks in the picture, but you know what, it was still the most delicious chicken I had ever had!  I think next time the trick will be to move the sauce from my crock pot to a saucepan on the stove, and try to thicken it up.  Want to see what mine looked like?


I added Carrots and Broccoli and served over rice - so yummy!  We will definitely be trying this one again!

Yesterday my Father-in-law's birthday is Tuesday so we all got together yesterday to celebrate.  Dave cooked on the grill - burgers brats - yum!  He also grilled some bell peppers and corn on the cob.  I think he's getting quite handy on the grill - so yummy!

Have you had any cooking adventures lately?  Would love to hear about them!
Until next time, enjoy life!

xoxooxo
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment