Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Its August!!

Howdy Bloggers!

So I realize it has been a while since we last talked.  I am sorry for that...not my intention at all.  Forgiven?  Good!  Now lets move on to the blog. :)

Life has been pretty crazy at the Myers house the past several months.  June brough Father's Day cookouts and visits with out of town friends.

We also took a road trip to Austin to vist Dave's brother and his lovely wife.  It was a great trip.  We got to see some great places in Austin.  We went up this trail that was kind of rocky and at the top of this tall hill, overlooking a river.  It was really neat to see all the homes along the river and all the boats.  When we reached the end of the trail there are these steps that go through a shaded area.  We decided to take those steps as it was shaded and it was probably 110 that day (thanks Texas!).  Unfortunately the stone steps had become slick over the years of wear...or maybe there were always slick, I dont' really know.  Anyway, the stairs were slick and I slipped on one and landed flat on my backside..ouch.  It is now forever known as the time I went to Austin and fell down a mountain.  Hee hee....but I was fine...toes were a little bruised on the foot that I fell on top of, but that was really the worst of it.  After our adventure we went to a street fair and saw crafts and questionable bug candy. We also saw food trucks, though we did not stop.  It was kind of a neat place, but it was so hot we just needed to cool down.  So we piled in the car and Stephen drove us around showing us the highlights of Austin.  We saw the Capital building - so pretty.  We also saw some funky restraunts and some really lovely parks.  We had dinner at The Saltlick...pretty tasty BBQ, but I was not a fan of their sauce.  It was a mustard based sauce, and while it was great on the sausage, it wasn't my favorite on the brisket. 

On our way home from Austin we stopped by The Collins Street Bakery for lunch and some treats.  Their deli sandwiches were delish! On our way out we went through the line and picked out some cookies to take home - so good.  My favorites were the Lemon Sugar cookies and the Cherry icebox cookies.  We also got some Pecan Balls and Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, they were tasty as well.  about an hour after we left Collins Street Bakery we came across West, Texas and stopped at the Czech Stop.  You can't drive through West without stopping there...so we did.  We got a dozen sausage/cheese kollaches and a dozen sweet collaches - Pumpkin and Strawberry - yum!

After our adventures on the road, we got back in to the swing of reality.  After being quite sore from our adventures on "the mountain" in Austin hubby and I came to the realization we are not leading the healthiest of lifestyles.  So, we are in the process of changing that.  We have cut WAY WAY back on the amount of soda we drink on a weekly basis - I think Dave has given it up, but I will still have one when we go out to eat.  We've also started cooking more at home.  Its way easier for me to make good choices at home that out, so we've really only had dinner out 3 -4 times in the last 3 weeks - good for us!  So far I have lost 9 pounds since coming back from Austin 5 weeks ago...I'm quite excited about that kind of loss.  Now I just have to keep it up, and I've found some lovely ladies on YouTube going through the same thing - it's great to support each other and go on this journey together....even though we don't really know each other, just through YouTube comments...  :)

In crafty news, Momma is cleaning out her studio and getting it super organized so I've been helping her purge.  In the process I inherited her AWESOME stamp collection.  You know what that means, right?  Time to reorganize my scrap space!  The stamps are all organized by catagories, so I all I need to do now is figure out where they will live in my room.  I know know...I promised a room tour 2 months ago...sorry.  But I promise once I get the stamp situation all figured out and implimented you will get a tour.  Promise.


That's all for now in the land of Myers...until next time, enjoy life!

xoxoxo
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment