Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Hi guys!
 Happy Memorial Day to all my lovely friends out there!!  I am so honored to live in a country where brave people are willing to risk their lives for my freedom and the honor of our country and for that I am truly grateful.  I hope you all had a wonderful and safe weekend!

Today was a great day!  Spent the day at Mom and Dad's visiting with the family.  My GrandPap is in town this week and I am so excited!  I don't get to see him to often so it was really nice to spend some time with him.  Mom and Dad were great hosts opening their home to our fun family.  The food was great, and the company was even better.

Next weekend I have 3 cousins graduating Highschool, Erica, Shelby and Dave's cousin Victoria.  Congratulations girls!!

I will also be leaving home Wednesday night to check in to our Arlington hotel to attend the Great American Scrapbook Convention.  Festivities begin at 8am on Thursday.  Mom and I are signed up for 7 classes but they are spread out across 3 days this year.  Last year we crammed just as many into 1 day...it was exhausting!  I'm excited!  We'll be taking classes from Prima, Melissa France, My Little Shoebox, Quick Quotes and more.  Plus there will be tons of shopping, make and takes, and all that quality time spent together.  I am really excited.  We had such a great time last year.  I promise to take pictures and post them here through out the weekend.

No new tutorial this week at Create with Jessi, but I have some projects in the works, and I'll be sharing them with you soon.  In the mean time, I have challenged myself to use some tools I bought way back when and just had to have.  I'm sure you all have one - what's yours?  Do you use it?  Tell me all about it!

I will be taking mine with me to the convention and working on creating something awesome and fun!  There will be a full tutorial on this project when I get back!  (And possibly a give away of goodies fresh from the convention) so stay tuned!

In the mean time, let me leave you with a list of my favorite crafters on You Tube:

Kristen Wilson - http://www.youtube.com/user/LilsweetpeaVideos
Drew - http://www.youtube.com/user/Cardofmyeye
KWernerDesign Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/starofmay
Chic'n Scratch - http://www.youtube.com/user/ChicnScratch

There are quite a few more that I sub to, but these are my top 4 faves.  Stop by, check 'em out and show some love.  :)

Happy crafting and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment