Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Food Trucks, New Jobs, and a Fun Card!

Hey Bloggers!
This update is coming much later than I had hoped - life around the Myers home is sure getting crazy!

Here's a peak of crafty goodness before we dive right in to the life stuff:
Head on over to my new Craft Tutorial Blog to learn more, and read/ watch how to make this card!

Let's start with the job front-
Two weeks ago I learned I would be getting promoted to a new department - new job, new everything.  Great...except you gotta be ready to go in 2 weeks.  Now, normally this would not be a problem, but work has been slamming for the past month and I was doing my best to keep my head above water.  Needless to say there were 2 weeks of long days, long stress filled nights, and not a whole lot of crafting going on.  Well, I am happy to report that last Friday was my last day - I will miss my team -I worked with some amazing people, but I was definitely ready for a change.  I walked out the door on Friday ready for a relaxing weekend filled with fun and no thoughts of work.   On Monday I walked in to a shiny new laptop and a whole new world  - it's really different, but I am working with some awesome people and I'm getting afresh perspective on things.  It's pretty cool so far.

Ok, now let's head home and check things out there -
What do you know about food trucks?  When you hear food truck do you think of roach coaches down by construction sites?  Believe it or not, there are some amazing gourmet food trucks out there!  About a month ago Dave and his friend Chris went out to a gathering of food trucks and had some amazing experiences.  Well I got lucky and there was a small gathering near us at The Village in Dallas.  We sampled yummies from Three Lions, Whoopie Pies from Rockstar Bakeshop, and Philly Cheesesteaks from another truck (sorry I don't recall the name).  It was all really good.  Now, Three Lions is a truck run by a British chap selling meat pies, sausage rolls and chicken and dill sliders.  My Hubs and friend had experienced the meat pie previously and told me of the epicness...I have to say it was amazing!  So good infact that we brought home an extra one for today.  It was just as delicious today!  The puffed pastry lost a little bit of crips, but was not soggy at all.  Great job guys!  The cheese steak was also delicious.  And we had a native of Philly with us..he approved. :) Now on to the Whoopie Pies - AH-MAY-ZIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!  That is all I can say!  Great flavors, fabulous textures....please sir, I want some more!!!  I can't wait to track these guys down again...will have to take pics for the scrapbook.

Last week my darling husband also celebrated a birthday!  He had a nice relaxing long weekend - played lots of Diablo III and we even made it out to Freddy's for chocolate brownie concrete.  What?  You don't know what that is?  Freddy's serves frozen custard -amazing btw - and concrete is the frozen custard mixed with treats - similar to the DQ Blizzard, but 10 times better, I think.  The food was good and the Concrete was amazing..can't wait to go back again.  We also upped our video game collection.  Yes, I contribute to a video game collection.  We collect vintage consoles and games.  My husband has almost turned me into a full fledged geek girl.  (Felicia Day and the greatness of The Guild are also partly responsible.)

Now onto the crafting!
With the stress of my old job behind me, and Dave happily immersed in Diablo III, I had the freedom to craft!  So I stalkedd some of my subs on YouTube and was inspired to create an awesome card! (Thanks StarofMay and Cardofmyeye!!)  So awesome infact that I made one for my boss for her birthday, and several more to send to Operation Write Home.  My box is about 1/2 full...got a long ways to go to get it filled up.  Wanna see the card?
Isn't it fabulous!  You can learn how to make it by heading over to my Craft Tutorial Blog: Create With Jessi. If you like it, let me know!  I'd love some feed back, ideas, things you'd like to learn more about, but don't want to try it yourself first.  I've here for you guys!

Well, it is late and I am getting sleep so I am off to bed now.
Happy Crafting and Happy Blessings!
Jessi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessi
    It was lovely to catch up with all the wonderful things going on in your life. Happy everything
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete