Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Freaky Friday Challenge and other fun Ramblings

Hello Bloggers!  Today is Friday - TGIF!!!!

I feel like the past 2 weeks have been a complete blur - so much going on, and now it's already the weekend again!  Luckily I have no plans this weekend because I got some goodies in the mail...perhaps I'll do a haul video...we'll see.

Now today is also the 5th Friday of the month.  At Paper Therapy, this is now known as Freaky Friday!!  Freaky Friday brings an extra challenge and an extra prize!  Want to play...you know you gotta play to win...and you want to win this challenge...trust me!

Our very first challenge is to Scraplift or CASE a project created by one of our very talented Paper Therapy Members.  You can find inspiration in the Gallery, the Challenge Boards (including COTM and Mix It Up).  Once you pick your favorite project, post the original and give credit to the talented artist, and then post your rendition.
Mine comes from the Lovely Kristin!  I love her work and I'm trying to think more toward her design style...it's tougher than I thought...

Here is the original:



And here is mine:


Supplies Used:
Card Stock - Bazzill - Kraft
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 - Steampunk Debutante
Ink: Clearsnap - Chestnut Roan
Ribbon: SU! - Seam binding in Crumb Cake
Stamps - Unity Stamp - Moxie Set
Flowers - Prima Classics

Now onto the Rambling bit....

How many of you watched the Royal Wedding this morning, or are making plans to watch after work off of the DVR, or this weekend?  I watched a lot of the coverage this morning (mostly because I could not get to sleep for the life of me.)  I have to admit, the week leading up I was like "Meh...it's just  a wedding..."  But as I watched the footage this morning, I found myself getting more and more into it.  I loved all the beautiful and unique hats, and the classy dresses...I'd like to move to London for a short spell and experience life across the pond.  My only concern is the high price of gas - I love my car and have a hard time doing without...tho I could adjust I'm sure. :)

I also want to give a big happy review to Blue Moon Scrapbooking.  I've been lurking on their YouTube channel for a while now and I bit the bullet and ordered from them because they seem to have all the new goodies that I want...and they offer free shipping on orders over $50 in the USA.  Sweet!  So, I got a GC at work and decided to give them a shot.  I placed my order on Thursday, 4/21/11.  I got my box Wednesday, 4/27...it is possible that it came in sooner since I didn't check the mail on Tuesday.  I was way impressed - with the Easter weekend and Good Friday and all, I assumed it would process Monday and be to me by Friday, Monday next at the latest...so good job Blue Moon!  They have lots of Prima and G45 and Basic Grey, Tim Holtz, 7 Gypsies...I could go on forever, but I won't...You'll just have to check them out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment