Happy Monday Bloggers!
I can not believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away...amazing! Good news is my Christmas Shopping is nearly done, tree is up, and the cookie list is light this year...so far....
Last week was CRAZY! With all the work, family, and shopping it's been such a blur. It was good tho- tried some new recipes and Dave's still alive and nobody's been to the emergency room. Yay! ;) This week the favorite was Stuffed Pepper Soup. It is super yummy and super easy - if you love Stuffed Peppers, you will love this soup!
Large Bottle of V8 Juice
1lb Ground Beef
1/2 - 1 Minute cup Rice
1 Bell Pepper
Salt to season to taste
1. Brown Ground Beef - season with salt / pepper to taste and throughly drain the fat.
2. Dice up one green bell pepper.
3. In large skillet, or 3 qt sauce pan, add V8 juice, ground meat and bell pepper.
4. Simmer for 10-20 minutes - depending on how cooked you want your pepper.
5. just before peppers reach desired tenderness, add 1/2-1cup of rice. If you want a thinner soup, use 1/2 cup. For thicker soup, use 1 cup.
6. Let soup sit for 10 minutes while rice gets tender, and serve.
You can add additional seasonings to taste, but I like it just the way it turns out. You can also sub the V8 for straight Tomato Juice, but we've discovered the V8 is better - more flavor. :) I love this recipe, and it is super good on cold days!
Now that we're done in the kitchen, stop by the craft room. Today is a new challenge at Paper Therapy and this week's challenge is to create a card or project using snowflakes! The Design Team Gals have definitely outdone themselves this week...I am truly in awe of these ladies. I hope you can come join us this week - I know the holidays are busy, but what a great way to get your gift tags/ cards/ pages done, and join in the fun of a challenge! Here's my card this week:
Day to Day Milestones Kit - CM
White and Brown Cardstock - CM - cut w/ Cricut Cart - Cheerful Season's - CM Exclusive
Candy Cane Stickles
I can't wait to see what you come up with!